We know that customer loyalty has always been an integral part of your business. No doubt you will have sales reps who have built personal connections with your customers over the years in an attempt to earn their loyalty. However, this can take up a lot of time and resources to maintain, for both you and your customers.
Unfortunately, it is no longer enough to rely on your personal connections with customers to make them stay. The rise of ecommerce has meant they can now get what they want from your competitors with just a click.
Instead, you have to develop relationships that add value to your customers and exceed their expectations. As Steve Jobs once said “Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realise it themselves.” One way to achieve this is to use digital platforms which support your existing sales activities and enhance your customer service.
Digital platforms also give your customers more choice on how they can engage with you can be a more convenient option for them. Nevertheless, we still often get asked about how customer loyalty will be affected if these platforms are implemented.
We can tell you it won’t. It is the overall level of customer service you provide on their path-to-purchase which impacts your customer loyalty. The most common issues being a lack of information about products, products are out of stock or your competitor is cheaper.
Digital platforms can actually safeguard your customer loyalty by helping you overcome these issues. Despite misconceptions, you do not lose the ‘human’ connection with your customers which you have worked hard to build. But you will be able to:
- Gain better insights into your customer preferences so you can ensure you have the products they want in stock.
- Create tailored promotions and recommended products which are based on your customer preferences and buying behaviours.
- Ensure prices always reflect what your customers negotiated.
- Help your customers stay on top of consumer trends through the promotion of niche products.
- Send immediate order confirmations, thus also saving your sales team time.
- Share information, market trends, news and updates through web pages, eshots and blogs to build a reputation as a trusted source in the industry.
- Provide real-time stock availability so your customers can be confident you can supply what they need.
Find out more about our services and how we can help you safeguard your customer loyalty by calling us on 0161 355 3000 or emailing email@example.com
Find out more about Oporteo
As current events surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic continue to unfold, businesses across the wholesale distribution sector are undertaking rapid online initiatives to adapt to the situation quickly. Oporteo, a digital solutions provider to the wholesale industry, has...
Our customer T. Quality has been able to quickly adapt to changing circumstances by enabling the public to utilise their Oporteo ecommerce system. T.Quality, a national supplier to the fast-food and restaurant industry, has made their Click and Collect service open to...
The saying goes that a business is only as good as its people; however, in a digital world that is now only partly true. People are a vital asset for any company, but they are also only as good as the information they can access. All businesses are...